Mental Illness Awareness Week was established by Congress to raise awareness around mental health issues. Advocates around the country hold outreach events and online campaigns to help decrease stigma and promote open dialogue around mental health issues.
Please peruse the TeenScreen resources below for information on adolescent depression and suicide.
- Adolescent Depression and Suicide
- Resources for Teens & Parents
- Mental Health Resources for Teens and Parents
- TeenScreen’s Guide for Bullying Prevention Programs and Curriculum Tools
- Guide to Talking to Teens about Mental Health
- Youth Suicide & Prevention
- The Personal & Societal Toll of Mental Illness
- Link Between Mental Illness and Substance Abuse
- Youth Mental Health and Academic Achievement